Tuesday, June 18, 2013



Dear Family and Friends,
     Made a totally bomb potato salad this week. Always enjoying new food.
     So Elder Hansen used to be the office elder when I first came on mission, and he was the one who got the mail. The post office is in our area, and we pass it every day. Everyone in the office knows him as Kweku Azonto (Wednesday Born Dance), and they all love him. He told the mail guy to let him know when he has a letter. But this week he got impatient, because he's waiting for a letter from his twin in South Africa, and decided to go check. We went up and asked the guy, so he happily went inside and brought us all the mail from PMB CC 1385 so we could look through it. Elder Hansen didn't have a letter, but I did! The guy was somehow confused when we told him we weren't taking the mail, he didn't understand that my comp isn't the office elder anymore. As we walked down the street, he said, " I feel kinda guilty about that." I said, " Yeah, back home, what you just did is criminal, I think.Luckily, this isn't home." Ha, ha things don't work the same way here.
     Yesterday we had a big branch conference that everyone has been gearing up for. One of the members designed and printed invitation cards that we have been passing out to everyone. The chapel was full. Normally we don't fill the first 5 rows. So it was sweet; we had 13 non-members who came with their friends. We had to scramble after the block to contact them all and get their phone numbers. It's rewarding to see the members trying out missionary work, and starting to trust us. We need to pounce on these people this week and get them going in the lessons. Even if they aren't interested, we need to show the members that we value their referrals.
     So things are really picking up here, we're finding more and more people to teach every week. We have two guys preparing for baptism. It's really nice to teach guys because I've been teaching women all my mission so far. I like to teach them about the priesthood, and the blessings they get to share from it. One guy is named C., and he's a referral from a member in the area. The member just went to the temple over a month ago, and ever since he has been even more powerful. He's not afraid to share his testimony. He himself was only converted a year ago. C. is really powerful though, we watched the Joseph Smith video with him, and the Spirit was very strong. I think that's when he got more serious about investigating. The other man is G., and he's doing fine. We're trying to get these two prepared for June ending. I'll let you know how that goes when it does.
Love,
Elder Doggett

P.S. I'll try to get some pictures of kids, but people, in Cape Coast especially, are really sensitive about people taking pictures of them.
Yes, I do get fed a lot in this area. The members are quite well-off.



No comments:

Post a Comment