Wednesday, June 5, 2013


" I bought Uno [game] here, and when I opened the package, the only cards in the whole deck were yellow and red, ha,ha. That's Ghana for you!"


With Elder Kirumira
Dear Family and Friends,
     Mom, I ran into Elder Judy during transfers and he said your advice helped him and his mom a lot, so good job :)  I'll try to see Elder Larsen soon, I'll let you know.
     Dad, next time you send me some package, I would really like another set of nylon strings for the guitar. When the metal ones finally spoil on my current guitar, I want to put nylons on. They won't get ruined fast, but they rust slowly here. Also, something that would be awesome for my birthday is a card game called Monopoly Deal. It's a faster, card version of Monopoly, and it's really good to play with people for apartment unity. I bought Uno here, and when I opened the package, the only cards in the whole deck were yellow and red, haha. That's Ghana for you!
     So not a lot happened this week. Elder Hansen came, but the work has been really slow. Our phone spoiled again just before he came, so we lost contact with all our investigators and fell out of the schedule. So we're just trying to fix all that. We're enjoying already; we've made french fries. :) And I bought a grater so we can make hash browns in the mornings. Back to eating like a king, haha. It's started raining a lot too, so that kills the work. Everyone huddles inside under a blanket and sleeps. The weather feels nice, though.
     So I don't really know what to update you with. This week has been pretty slow. I heard that there are over 20 new guys coming to our mission next transfer, then like over 30 the next transfer. The 18 year-old missionaries are just showing up, and the mission is about to explode. The next few transfers will be absolutely unpredictable. Transfers normally are unpredictable, but even more so now. We'll see how it goes. For the time being, we'll do our best the Green Hill far away...
     Thanks for Alyssa's wedding pics.  I DO dig those 40s clothes.
      Sorry for the lame email. I'll send some pictures to compensate!

Love,
Elder Doggett

"The crab here is super awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment