February....the hottest month in Ghana
![]() |
| Proselyting in the Haunted Jungle: "It's scarier than it looks in the picture...... there
were giant spider webs everywhere." |
Dear Family and Friends,
This
week was incredibly busy. I slept like a baby this week I was so tired after
every day. This month of February is the hottest in Ghana, so if you are in the
sun for even one hour, you're exhausted. I'm glad this is my last hot season
here.
Our
ward is picking things up. We've started having meetings again, and they
finally got out the home teaching lists yesterday. Home teaching is a challenge
in every ward and branch here, but it is so important! Don't neglect your home
teaching; that's when people slowly start to fall away. Also yesterday the
bishop called two more ward missionaries, so I believe that will help us out. I
pray that our members will help us get the ball rolling for 2014, even though
we've had a late start.
One
of our investigators, from a part member family, is preparing for baptism this
coming Sunday. We've been teaching her since I've got here and we've had a few
rough patches, but she is progressing well. Her name is J; and she's 13 years
old. Story of this ward, haha. There are so many youth! We want to start giving
the priests in the ward the opportunity to perform baptisms when we have them;
we think that will strengthen their testimonies and up their zeal for
missionary work.
Another
investigator we contacted on the street last week came to church! That's kind
of rare, but he is receiving our teachings very well. His name is I., and he is
67 years old. He looks like he's 45 though, haha. Ghanaians don't really age...
This guy is so full of energy it's almost stressful to teach him. He gives us
respect and time to teach, but you will see him start squirming in his seat as
we teach, just dying to give his contribution. I swear he talks a mile a
minute. Haha his brothers and sisters and some of his kids are all pastors in
different churches. He says he feels left out, so he wants to join up with us.
He had been to many churches, and in all of them he says he had found things
that are not in harmony with holy writ, so he had stopped going to church for
some time. When he came on Sunday, he was received so well by the ward!
Everyone was talking to him and getting to know him, which he just loved
because he's a social butterfly, haha. I pray that he comes to personal
knowledge of the truth.
Love,
Elder Doggett
I was talking
to an American member in our ward and she said I have a dry sense of humor. I
said, "Yeah, I'm from Idaho, everything is dry! Dry weather, dry land, dry people......dry humor!"
![]() |
| Elder Doggett's subject line said, "check out this ENORMOUS scorpion we found in our apartment". He got his mother on this one.....I was thinking it would be the size of his fist! :-) |


No comments:
Post a Comment