Elder Doggett's email from July 23, 2014:
"MAN'S BEST FRIEND" IS NOT A PET IN GHANA........
Dear Family and Friends,
I
ate dog for the first time last week! It was pretty good; tasted like beef really.
Except Elder Etim boiled it with WAY TOO
MUCH fresh red pepper It was insane. After gorging myself on dog and rice, my head
felt like it would explode and I was sweating a waterfall. I had to crash on my bed with the fan blasting
into my mouth haha. E. Etim was just
laughing his head off, but even he was dying. Man there is nothing here with enough base to
neutralize the sting-- there's no milk!
Elder
Nakedi and I were discussing recently about one great evidence in an
investigator's progression: they will volunteer information such as stories,
insights, personal concerns, how they are feeling, etc-- without you having to
ask. Most people will just sit and let you preach at them while you have to try
and pry participation out of them. We have a few good people you exemplify
this. One is P., we've been teaching him for a while, we met him thru his
sister, whom the missionaries were teaching since before I came to the area.
Another is K., we met him just last week. He used to attend the church some
years ago. He traveled for work a lot
and fell out of contact, but now he has settled down with his wife and son. He's ready to start over and fix some problems
with his life; he and his family show a lot of promise, I'm excited.
Our
area is seeing progression, except I don't think we'll make our trimester
baptism goal of 7. We've had some hang-ups and all the new people we meet and
contact don't live in our area! We had to refer K. to the sisters; he doesn't
live in our area either. Our area is
really small... The zone however, should be very close to our collective goal
by the end of August.
Transfer
news is in: only one change in our zone. Everyone is staying together except
for our Achiase elders. Elder Boamah,
the Ghanaian is shooting off to Sekondi. We don't even have to do anything, he is just
leaving from Achiase with his comp, and his comp will come back with the new
missionary. That's incredibly easy for
us... and our pocketbook :)
Love,
Elder Doggett
No comments:
Post a Comment