Monday, July 7, 2014



MEETING PRESIDENT & SIS. STEVENSON

Dear Family and Friends,
                On Tuesday we had our first Mission Leadership Council with President Stevenson.  He's a tall man; that was my first impression of him. Come to think of it, my first impression of Pres. Shulz was that he was short, haha.  Pres. Stevenson is pretty young for a mission president, and he's full of energy. He was just released as a stake president and he was in administration in a finance company. I can tell he is used to getting things done with efficiency.  He's got a lot of good ideas to speed things up with technology, even though this mission is nowhere close to other missions... *cough* iPads.
                Since I've been serving as a Zone Leader, we travel to Cape Coast every so often for meetings. Every time we do, we pass through one of my old areas, and I've noticed that every time we do I start feeling homesick... for Green Hill! Those were the golden days of my mission.  I love the members; I love my converts there; most of all though, I felt the most loved by them. The people there feel like family to me.  I was catching up with Elder Z Larsen who served there after me and he told me what's going on with everyone.  He told me all my converts are still strong and that the branch finally got their own building. I miss that place! At times, the work went slow but the progress we saw there was REAL progress.
                We didn't do anything too crazy this year for 4th of July like last year.  Elder Holmgren and I just sang the national anthem early in the morning; he was wearing a flag draped around his shoulders. There was no time to even do something fancy, so we just made hot dogs. Elder Nakedi and I taught 7 lessons that day though.
                This week I got my travel request forms.  Every missionary gets them when he has 3 months left. So I need to fill them out and then get the actual travel plans. The truth is gradually becoming a reality but I'm still blocking it out, haha.  I will stay in denial as long as I can.

Love,
Elder Doggett

Mission Leadership Council with Pres. and Sis. Stevenson



No comments:

Post a Comment