FURNITURE SHOPPING FOR THE PRESIDENT
Dear Family and Friends,
President
Shulz called this week and said, "Elders, I'm going to ask you to do
something strange..." He continued to explain that they wanted a new
leather recliner for the mission home before they left. They had a hookup for a recliner in Accra for
1400 GHC, but he said he saw one at the Melcom store in Assin Foso. He asked us to go to the store and check, so
we did--amongst the plethora of other things we had to do that day, haha. Good news….. we found one for 895 GHC on sale
for only 825 GHC! It was a steal. So we got an invoice and photo copied it and
sent it to him.
The
funny thing is, we had so much to do that we needed to split with the other
elders in the apartment-- but they were already on splits! So we conducted what I call split-ception. A split inside a split. So Elder Collins came couch shopping with me,
it was legit.
On a
more serious note, we had an investigator baptized yesterday. His name is E. He is a student at the local college and he's
a genius, in general and in the gospel. We found him in the chapel early morning
before his baptism in one of the classrooms running through calculus on the
chalkboard haha. The missionaries were teaching him before I got here, and it
is strange because we can only see him once a week. The boarding school hardly ever lets him out,
haha. He has a very strong testimony
though; unfortunately we won't be able to teach him and help him integrate
because he is going on vacation from school so he'll be attending in Takoradi.
We
have another investigator who has SO MUCH potential. His name is R. and he is
married with two daughters. He is learning tons from our lessons and he is
slowly gaining a testimony. He is very open with us and tells us what he's
thinking. He's just a little afraid of having to change his life and things if
he finds out what we are saying is true. But he and his family would be so great in the
gospel!
Please keep him in your prayers.
Love,
Elder Doggett
PS I would love to send pics of the baptism but I have
neither the time or network to do so. Sorry!
Dad, it’s funny that you mentioned
Isa 55 because this morning in our apartment devotional I used verse
2, I think, where it mentions, 'let your soul delight in fatness' Why? Because we got subsistence money today!
Haha
No comments:
Post a Comment