Monday, June 2, 2014




News and PICTURES from Assin Foso.......finally!!!!!!


Feeling sick on Tuesday....with  helpful double "fans" in motion!


E. Doggett with Sisters from the area

Dear Family and Friends,
                This week was less eventful than the last, but notable nonetheless.  We went to the hospital early Tuesday because our malaria-ridden sister was being released.  I was feeling really tired that morning and the longer we waited at the hospital the worse and worse I started to feel.  So I ended up being sick all day Tuesday.  I'm not sure what the deal was, but I had a fever, body aches, and major headache.  I think it was a combination of exhaustion, malnourishment, and lack of sleep.  I just slept all day and all night again, then we went on splits the next day.  I felt fine.
                We did double splits with the Achiase elders; I went with Elders Keetch and Ugoh and my comp went with the others.  The Achiase guys are having some trouble, their best ward missionary was abruptly taken from them to be a stake missionary in Cape Coast. The literacy rate in their area is like 5%.  So they're struggling a bit, but I just gave them the best advice I could.  I was in their shoes for a long time...   I think they'll be ok.
                We had a ward missionary activity this weekend.  On Friday night we had 12 ward missionaries go out contacting and inviting people to an activity our ward mission leader planned for the following day.  It went so well!  I was really proud of them; they did a fantastic job.  Although the next day at the activity we only had 5 non-members show up.  One of them showed real promise and we'll be meeting with him soon.  At the activity we played indoor games, ate Ghanaian food, and watched the Restoration film.  We would call it a success, although our WML felt like he failed. We gladly welcomed him to the world of missionary work, haha.  You have to count every victory you get, no matter how small.
                General Conference!  It was so nice to FINALLY see part of it.  It's refreshing to hear the messages from the Lord's chosen vessels.  I especially enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk Sunday Morning-- about how having a load of responsibilities and obligations with push us so we don't get stuck.  It will push us home.  I feel like that applies to me incredibly well right now.  In the last few months of my service, I have LOTS to do to push me home.  We're staying very busy and I really enjoy it.
        Oh yeah, our subsistence was raised again!  Food prices are skyrocketing so President arranged for us all to receive 230 GHS every month, which is 30 cedis more.  I was surprised, honestly, but prices have been going up a ton.  I bought frosted flakes and Mountain Dew-- score!

Love,

Elder Doggett
Baptism of B. and P.

With one of the Three Nephites.....a.k.a Elder Nakedi!




No comments:

Post a Comment