"My comp and I have always done everything we could think of until we felt a candidate was ready to make the covenant they did."
![]() |
| With Sister Z. |
Dear Family and Friends,
A few weeks ago, Elder and Sister Julander joined our
District Meeting to discuss making life goals with us. This is the first time
in my life I have actually set and written down life goals. I made a few
mission goals too. It's exciting, because it will set me in the right direction
for my life. The other day Elder Julander came for an apartment check and he
reviewed the goals we had individually made. He gave some constructive
criticism and urged us to continue. The Julanders are a sweet couple, they
seriously love us missionaries. (Don't all senior couples?) We had another
district activity today in their house.
In other news, transfers are in! Elder Larsen and Stoddard are training, only Larsen is going to whitewash up in Assin Foso. Elder Moore and Mocke are staying of course, because of training. And I am being replaced by Elder Williams. I suppose the Spirit of the Lord has called me to another venture. Actually, it was President Shulz who called and asked me to be a Zone Leader in Assin Foso. Some missionaries have been taunting me about it for the last few transfers, and it turns out that their prophecies were correct. Haha. I am excited, and I think it will be a fantastic learning experience and a test of patience, of course.
Soon after I was called by President, Elder Ma'afu was called by the Assistants to be the new Mpintsin District Leader, haha. It was the exact same situation as I and Elder Ormond had 3 months ago. But he and his comp will officially be moved into Mpintsin Ward 2, because two more elders are coming to the other apartment for Ward 1. That's exciting, because we were totally swamped trying to cover two wards. That's how it was in the old days though...
To answer Mom's questions, we have met with the guy Elder Ma'afu talked to while I played around on the instruments. He has great interest, we just feel he has some concerns about the church. Most people do here, but they're easy to resolve.......
In other news, transfers are in! Elder Larsen and Stoddard are training, only Larsen is going to whitewash up in Assin Foso. Elder Moore and Mocke are staying of course, because of training. And I am being replaced by Elder Williams. I suppose the Spirit of the Lord has called me to another venture. Actually, it was President Shulz who called and asked me to be a Zone Leader in Assin Foso. Some missionaries have been taunting me about it for the last few transfers, and it turns out that their prophecies were correct. Haha. I am excited, and I think it will be a fantastic learning experience and a test of patience, of course.
Soon after I was called by President, Elder Ma'afu was called by the Assistants to be the new Mpintsin District Leader, haha. It was the exact same situation as I and Elder Ormond had 3 months ago. But he and his comp will officially be moved into Mpintsin Ward 2, because two more elders are coming to the other apartment for Ward 1. That's exciting, because we were totally swamped trying to cover two wards. That's how it was in the old days though...
To answer Mom's questions, we have met with the guy Elder Ma'afu talked to while I played around on the instruments. He has great interest, we just feel he has some concerns about the church. Most people do here, but they're easy to resolve.......
.......I haven't baptised a lot of people on my mission, but I can
stand before God with conviction one day and honestly tell him that the people
I did baptize were ready. The ones we met who we didn't baptise were not ready
at that time. My comp and I have always done everything we could think of until
we felt a candidate was ready to make the covenant they did.
Elder Doggett


No comments:
Post a Comment