LEAVING MPINTSIN...........
![]() |
| With Sis. D. |
| With E. Stoddard (and a good photobomb by E. Mocke). Thanks once again to Sis. Stoddard for sharing pics! |
Dear Family and Friends,
Saying goodbye in Mpintsin wasn't too bad. Nobody took the
news harder that I was leaving than investigator I. When he found out I was going, it
was like the end of the world for him. He was so distraught, haha. It was sad.
The missionary who replaced me will do just fine though. That's the nature of
the work.
Transfers were pretty hectic. So in other words they were normal. First, as our taxi struggled up the steep hill outside the apartment the muffler was ripped out from underneath because the car was so low from our bags in the trunk, haha. I felt kinda bad, but really I was just impressed. After fumbling around in the Cape Coast stations a while, the seven of us going to Foso got a tro and headed out. I was in the back next to a sister missionary, and one of the plethora of bags stacked up behind us started slipping and threatened to crush her. I held it up for a while but eventually switched seats with her. The rest of the trip felt like a crappy Space Mountain ride because the driver was a maniac; I was pushing the bag back the entire way, haha.
Soon after arriving, I received a very cold welcome... a nice torrential rainstorm. Loved it. Assin Foso is quite the opposite of my last area, which was large, hilly, and muddy. Foso is small, flat, and sandy. Everything feels so normal here. It's quiet because it's kinda out in the jungle. It almost feels like camping. A slow breeze rolls through every now and then, people just kinda mill around doing a few chores, it's quiet. This area is unlike any I've been to yet, but I love it. Everything is so relaxed... It's hard to describe. I guess I'll just say it's normal, haha. But I'm not used to normal.
My companion is Elder Nakedi from South Africa. I'm actually really happy to be with an African again, it makes the work so much easier in a lot of ways. For example by first day here, we did service helping a family move. Nobody will let two obrunis help them. But if one is obibini (native) then it's ok. Actually, Elder Nakedi is powerful at service. He's very aware of his surroundings, we help people all the time.
As far as ZL duties go, it's pretty normal. I don't have any incredible stories or experiences just yet. I do know that I have to be an example though. I don't want to write too much today because I'll be calling home coming Sunday.
Transfers were pretty hectic. So in other words they were normal. First, as our taxi struggled up the steep hill outside the apartment the muffler was ripped out from underneath because the car was so low from our bags in the trunk, haha. I felt kinda bad, but really I was just impressed. After fumbling around in the Cape Coast stations a while, the seven of us going to Foso got a tro and headed out. I was in the back next to a sister missionary, and one of the plethora of bags stacked up behind us started slipping and threatened to crush her. I held it up for a while but eventually switched seats with her. The rest of the trip felt like a crappy Space Mountain ride because the driver was a maniac; I was pushing the bag back the entire way, haha.
Soon after arriving, I received a very cold welcome... a nice torrential rainstorm. Loved it. Assin Foso is quite the opposite of my last area, which was large, hilly, and muddy. Foso is small, flat, and sandy. Everything feels so normal here. It's quiet because it's kinda out in the jungle. It almost feels like camping. A slow breeze rolls through every now and then, people just kinda mill around doing a few chores, it's quiet. This area is unlike any I've been to yet, but I love it. Everything is so relaxed... It's hard to describe. I guess I'll just say it's normal, haha. But I'm not used to normal.
My companion is Elder Nakedi from South Africa. I'm actually really happy to be with an African again, it makes the work so much easier in a lot of ways. For example by first day here, we did service helping a family move. Nobody will let two obrunis help them. But if one is obibini (native) then it's ok. Actually, Elder Nakedi is powerful at service. He's very aware of his surroundings, we help people all the time.
As far as ZL duties go, it's pretty normal. I don't have any incredible stories or experiences just yet. I do know that I have to be an example though. I don't want to write too much today because I'll be calling home coming Sunday.
Mom, I did get the package thank
you! The socks feel amazing...
Love,
Elder Doggett
| Packed and ready to leave......E. Doggett, E. Larsen, E. Moore and E. Ma'afu |

No comments:
Post a Comment