Monday, May 12, 2014

Note from mom:  Email was short and sweet today due to the Mother's Day phone call yesterday, but he promised he would send next week some stories he told us on the phone that were quite entertaining!

No pictures get through in this new area, so I am resorting to sending old ones that I haven't posted from the last area....


Dear Family and Friends,
            Today I won't say a lot, because I called home last night. Which was pretty awesome, the network was so clear this time! I love you family, and the next time we speak it will be in person. 
            Today we had our zone activity that Elders Nakedi, Holmgren, and I planned. We did a big 'gospel relay race'. I would explain it all, but it's really not that interesting. It was just really fun to watch everyone race, haha. Our zone seemed to enjoy it though. Then we played Mafia. Classic. I would venture to say that we grew in unity today.
            I heard through the grapevine this week that two of my and Elder Cowan's converts in Swedru took names to the temple and did baptisms  (P. and J)!! That was really exciting news. I was sad to leave right after their baptisms, especially because our area was closed and nobody was there to take care of them. But it seems that the other missionaries in the apartment did a good job, and I know the Ivies had a big hand in it; they're always pushing temple work with converts. Also, that old area Aboso will be getting a group soon I think. Or maybe they have one, I'm not too sure. One day though they'll make it to a branch. I'm staying in contact with Elder Moffitt who re-opened the area and it looks like they are seeing progress.
            D & C 64:33. That's the story of my mission. Recently I've heard great things about all of my old areas. Ntranoa is going well. S., the lady Elder James and I contacted on the day we thought we were wasting our time gave a talk during Easter and bore a powerful testimony of the church. I remember we shared an Easter message with her when we first met; she is such a sweet lady. Green Hill had 7 baptisms last trimester which is really impressive.

            So that's about it for now, I'll write more next week I promise. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment