"If thou shalt find that which thy neighbor has lost, thou shalt make diligent search till thou shalt deliver it to him again."
![]() |
| Worth about $1.31 U.S. currency |
Dear Family and Friends,
On Tuesday moving to our second appointment, we just
found a five cedi note on the ground in the midst of some houses. E. Nakedi
actually stepped on it, he thought it was just a blue paper. I picked it up and
we kept moving, but like many times before on my mission I felt my feet
involuntarily stopping. I said maybe someone just dropped it and they'll come
looking, so we went back and waited. My companion showed me a good scripture,
"If thou shalt find that which thy neighbor has lost, thou shalt make
diligent search till thou shalt deliver it to him again."
(D&C
136:26)
We waited a bit while a few people passed. My comp suggested we pray, but looking around we
saw that we were not in solitude. It was kind of a busy area. So eyes open just standing on the path's
corner E. Nakedi started praying that we'd be able to find the person or that
they'd find us . It would have looked like we were having a conversation. Not
five seconds after having said amen, a pregnant lady and a small boy rounded
the corner. The boy was in tears and the woman, obviously his mother, had a
cane in her hand (used to discipline small children) They were walking slow and
we heard her mutter something in Twi about 5 cedis. We both got big grins on our faces as my comp
asked what she was looking for. I pulled the note from my pocket and handed it
to her. She smiled and the boy looked grateful. We said we only waited about
five minutes, she thanked us and we took off. A prayer was answered and a good deed done;
simple as that.
This has happened many times on my mission-- where the
Lord just stops my feet. In every instance it's been for something so seemingly
small.
I went on exchanges with E. Brown in our area this week.
It was the first time I stayed in our area for splits haha. He's from Louisiana
and he's a bigger movie guy than I am. Seriously, he knocked me out of the
park. We were busy all day and had powerful lessons. We maintained a good
balance of working and discussing cinematics. I felt bad telling E. Cowan that
E. Brown would come with me on the exchange, I know he really wanted us to go
together. He knows I love him though, haha.
We met E. Cooper and E. Pishl in district meeting. It
sounds like things were pretty intense over in Liberia. They were in lockdown
in their apartments, people were dying on the streets outside their gates, they
had to covertly escape through the airport, etc. It makes for a great war
story. E. Pishl stayed the night in our
apartment for splits with the district leader so I got to know him better.
Sweet guy. Way to go, Idaho!
Love,
Elder Doggett

No comments:
Post a Comment