"Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ must have such a supreme love for us, we can't fully understand it....I am so thankful for His sacrifice; that he suffered so that I might not have to suffer, if only I repent and come unto Him. I know that Christ lives. He surely answered the ends of the law."
Dear Family and Friends,
This week was pretty normal. We talked to some Roman sisters, and there was an American girl with them. I asked her if anything was happening in the US, she just mentioned the bombings at the Boston Marathon, and something about a fertilizer explosion in Texas. And she told me The Hobbit was awesome. We talked for a while, I found out she was from Iowa, and she had never seen the church in the States. She was surprised that she had to go all the way to Africa to run into it. I told her to look up the church when she gets home.
We had an interesting gospel conversation the other day, though. We were buying in the market and a white girl approached and greeted us. She said she was from Norway and she was doing a documentary, to show that 'people are just people'. She said she'd like to ask us a few questions and we agreed, so she just busted out a camera and started rolling! Ha,ha! I was glad we were wearing our tags, because all of our shirts were dirty from transfers. So she asked what we were doing in Ghana... Lights, Camera, Gospel Conversation, GO! We introduced ourselves, the church, and gave a quick rundown of the Restoration of the Gospel and why we were sharing the gospel, bearing testimony all the way. Through our conversation, she told us she was atheist: she believed the sun was the father, and the earth was the mother. Then she said in her thick, European accent, "Do you think I'm going to hell for that?" I smiled wide and said, "No. No I do not." I wonder who that recorded discourse will reach in the future?
Recently we've been teaching the Plan of Salvation to a lot of people, so I've been studying it deeply. It is by far the most merciful plan ever. I don’t know why you wouldn't believe in it if you really believe that God is merciful. I've come to gain a greater understanding of the Atonement of Christ, and what he really did for us. Without Him, we would be a lost and fallen people. Even if it wasn't Adam and Eve in the beginning, if it were someone else, the same thing would have happened. It's the nature of mankind. We make mistakes, and I make them every day. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ must have such a supreme love for us, we can't fully understand it. As I ponder the gift that was given me by my big brother, Jesus Christ, sometimes tears come to my eyes, and my heart is filled with gratitude. I wish there was more detail about his sacrifice in the scriptures; about how he felt and how it all happened. I don't understand how, in the Garden of Gethsemane, He took upon Himself all our sins. I just don't understand how it happened, logically I guess. But spiritually, I can see how awful and horrid it must have been. I think of how I have felt in the past with my own transgressions, and I try to multiply that feeling by like 100 billion to understand how it really was. But my mind just can't handle it. But I am so thankful for His sacrifice; that he suffered so that I might not have to suffer, if only I repent and come unto Him. I know that Christ lives. He surely answered the ends of the law. I imagine that, in the last day, as we stand before the judgment bar, it won't be the Father who tells
us we are not worthy to enter His kingdom; it will be us. I imagine that as I have a perfect recollection of all my guilt, I will refuse to enter the kingdom. But Jesus Christ will stand there, pleading with me, to accept that He has already paid that price, saying that I can enter and sit with Him in the kingdom of His Father. He will say, "Please, my brother, come with me. I made that sacrifice for YOU. I own your sins, and I want you to leave them behind, and look towards eternal glory with your wife and eternal companion. Please. Come, follow me." I can't describe the feelings I have as I ponder that scenario. And I can't express how grateful and thankful I am for the knowledge I have, being a part of the true church of Jesus Christ. With the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, I'm so happy to have the Plan of salvation before me, to guide me into the right path.
This week was pretty normal. We talked to some Roman sisters, and there was an American girl with them. I asked her if anything was happening in the US, she just mentioned the bombings at the Boston Marathon, and something about a fertilizer explosion in Texas. And she told me The Hobbit was awesome. We talked for a while, I found out she was from Iowa, and she had never seen the church in the States. She was surprised that she had to go all the way to Africa to run into it. I told her to look up the church when she gets home.
We had an interesting gospel conversation the other day, though. We were buying in the market and a white girl approached and greeted us. She said she was from Norway and she was doing a documentary, to show that 'people are just people'. She said she'd like to ask us a few questions and we agreed, so she just busted out a camera and started rolling! Ha,ha! I was glad we were wearing our tags, because all of our shirts were dirty from transfers. So she asked what we were doing in Ghana... Lights, Camera, Gospel Conversation, GO! We introduced ourselves, the church, and gave a quick rundown of the Restoration of the Gospel and why we were sharing the gospel, bearing testimony all the way. Through our conversation, she told us she was atheist: she believed the sun was the father, and the earth was the mother. Then she said in her thick, European accent, "Do you think I'm going to hell for that?" I smiled wide and said, "No. No I do not." I wonder who that recorded discourse will reach in the future?
Recently we've been teaching the Plan of Salvation to a lot of people, so I've been studying it deeply. It is by far the most merciful plan ever. I don’t know why you wouldn't believe in it if you really believe that God is merciful. I've come to gain a greater understanding of the Atonement of Christ, and what he really did for us. Without Him, we would be a lost and fallen people. Even if it wasn't Adam and Eve in the beginning, if it were someone else, the same thing would have happened. It's the nature of mankind. We make mistakes, and I make them every day. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ must have such a supreme love for us, we can't fully understand it. As I ponder the gift that was given me by my big brother, Jesus Christ, sometimes tears come to my eyes, and my heart is filled with gratitude. I wish there was more detail about his sacrifice in the scriptures; about how he felt and how it all happened. I don't understand how, in the Garden of Gethsemane, He took upon Himself all our sins. I just don't understand how it happened, logically I guess. But spiritually, I can see how awful and horrid it must have been. I think of how I have felt in the past with my own transgressions, and I try to multiply that feeling by like 100 billion to understand how it really was. But my mind just can't handle it. But I am so thankful for His sacrifice; that he suffered so that I might not have to suffer, if only I repent and come unto Him. I know that Christ lives. He surely answered the ends of the law. I imagine that, in the last day, as we stand before the judgment bar, it won't be the Father who tells
us we are not worthy to enter His kingdom; it will be us. I imagine that as I have a perfect recollection of all my guilt, I will refuse to enter the kingdom. But Jesus Christ will stand there, pleading with me, to accept that He has already paid that price, saying that I can enter and sit with Him in the kingdom of His Father. He will say, "Please, my brother, come with me. I made that sacrifice for YOU. I own your sins, and I want you to leave them behind, and look towards eternal glory with your wife and eternal companion. Please. Come, follow me." I can't describe the feelings I have as I ponder that scenario. And I can't express how grateful and thankful I am for the knowledge I have, being a part of the true church of Jesus Christ. With the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, I'm so happy to have the Plan of salvation before me, to guide me into the right path.
Right now, we have
one good investigator, her name is Ritah. But [the other new members] could
also use some prayers. Africa's problem
in the church right now is retention.
I haven't gotten
any mail for 3 weeks, because of transfers. It has all been clogged up in the
mission home for some reason. I'm getting really antsy, one of the Elders said,
"oh yeah, I saw your name on a ton of mail recently."
That's about all
this week. The church is true, the book is blue, and God's a Mormon, He'll look
after you! :)
Love,
Elder Clinton Doggett
Love,
Elder Clinton Doggett
No comments:
Post a Comment