Meeting Old Friends at the Christmas Devotional
Dear Family and Friends,
This week
we had our Christmas Devotional down in Cape Coast. It was a sweet program of
singing hymns with a few talks. Then we watched 'Forever Strong' again. That's our
mission motto. We finished with a huge dinner and a Zone Talent Show, which was
a lot better than last year. Swedru Zone sung a song with a slideshow in the
background.
It was so
sweet to catch up with everyone though: Elder James, Elder Hansen, Elder Moore,
and others. There are so many new faces in the mission though, I didn't know
most guys. This mission is changing so fast, seriously. So many incoming
missionaries, and President Shulz has done an amazing job of cleaning the place
up in the way of obedience.
What
pleased me the most, though, was hearing that all my converts from Green Hill
are still going strong. A. is going to school to be a teacher, C. received the
Melchizedek Priesthood, and J. is teaching institute in Accra. I can hardly
explain how much that info warms my heart. It strengthens my testimony and
gives me confidence that my efforts are not wasted. Truly, how great shall be
my joy with them in the Lord's kingdom. I can only imagine!
Also, Elder
Hansen told me that the Green Hill apartment was broken into not long after I
left, and they had to put bars on all the windows. I'm not surprised…. looking
back that apartment was not very secure.
Today we
had a small service project at an orphanage, where we just weeded the front
area with cutlasses. It was fun. I feel powerful with a cutlass in hand! Then
we went to the Ivies to watch the Christmas Devotional, which was pretty good. And it appears from the pictures you sent,
Dad, that you also enjoyed it. Probably more than I did. It is very nice to
have a senior couple around when we want to do activities, haha.
We are preparing two more
candidates for baptism this coming Sunday, so pray that all will go through
well enough. We've been working so hard for these people, their names are J.
and Dobby (No, he is not a house-elf...
but he does have really big eyes) Elder Jensen can't hold himself whenever we
talk about Dobby, he says, "Elder gave Dobby a Book of Mormon... Dobby is
FREE!" Yeah, he's a big Harry Potter fan. Anyways, J. is a 60+ year old
bus driver and Dobby is a 27 year old security guard. Both referrals, by the
way.
You
guys got to see Gimli?! I'm jealous. And I will grow my beard out and see what
it can do after I get home, haha. Although
I might cheat and put Rogaine on my face...
Don't forget to
write a missionary this Christmas! (That means me)
Love,
Elder Doggett
| Elders from many nations |
| Last week's baptism mom forget to post! |
No comments:
Post a Comment