Monday, December 30, 2013


15 months in Ghana..........

Elder Ormond, Elder Doggett

Elders with sweet family from the area who used to live in the U.S.
Dear Family and Friends,
            This week was super hectic. P-day on Tuesday and Christmas on Wednesday. We just went to a member's place with the other elders and had lots of free food. So the old holiday tradition of over-eating prevails once again... We had a fun district /testimony meeting in the morning, too. The phone call home was okay this year, our network was kinda bad. I couldn't hear very well. But it was still nice to hear everyone. I just wish I had time to make a list of questions to ask everyone.
            This week's proselyting was pretty weak. Last transfer, Elder Ormond's son (trainee) went home because he claimed he had back problems, so the area hardly got worked on at all. And the transfer before that Elder Ormond killed (was the last companion to) a missionary who was going home, so we all know how that is. We don't really have any serious investigators. We're planning to come in full force this new year though. We've made some plans to kick things in gear, working with members, missionary Sundays, increased enthusiasm. We'll see how things go.
           On Sunday we had a baptism, two young men around 16 years old. They've been to church for a long time and they already seem like part of the ward. Sitting in PEC the other night, I can see how zealous this ward is in missionary work. They are very dead set on their goals. These two boys rounded up their goal of 42 converts for the year. Our ward mission leader is really active and wants to help a lot; he just likes baptisms, I think!  I'm sure we will accomplish a lot here, it seems that the members really live and love the gospel. I think there are like 250 active members.
            Man, my legs are sooo tired, this area has more hills than Green Hill. We've been pounding this place down since I got here, and there is so much dust, haha. Your shoes stay clean for about 10 seconds out the front door. It's a bit smaller than my previous areas, though. I'm surprised, because the ward is so big and the area so small. We're trying to learn where as many members live as possible.
            I'm working on salvaging my photos from my camera cards, so I'll send pictures as soon as I can. It's nearly impossible to keep your cards clean here if you're sending pictures all the time. I hope it works.

Love,
Elder Doggett

Game night
D. and J. baptism on Dec. 22nd

Mattress moving day


No comments:

Post a Comment